Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
Located in the Malpenso area of northern Italy, Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP) lies to the far west of Milan. Both Terminal 1 and 2 at the airport can be easily reached by car, bus or taxi, with the SS336 (Viale del'Aeronautica) edging both the western and northern outskirts of the grounds.
Close to Milan Malpensa Airport, Vizzola Ticino and Marano Ticino are both situated to the west, while Busto Arsizio, Ferno, Samarate and San Macario can all be found to the east.
Other areas of interest close to the airport include Lonate Pozzolo, Magnafo and Vanzaghello to the south-east, and Gallarate to the north-east.
Directions to Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP) from the city centre:
Directions to Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP) from Turin:
- Malpensa Airport is situated approximately 45 km / 29 miles to the north-west of Milan city centre, in Italy
- The airport has direct access to the A8 (Autostrada A8 Laghi), A26 and is linked to the A4 Milan-Turin highway and the western ring road
- The State Road SS336 connects Malpensa Airport to the city, and the complex is located off the Busto Arsizio junction
- The journey from the city centre to Malpensa Airport by car should last approximately 45 minutes and no more than one hour
Directions to Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP) from Genoa / Alessandria:
- Travel on the A4 motorway (Milano to Torino) until you reach Novara
- Head towards Malpensa on the State Road SS32, following the signposts
- Travel on the A26 motorway until you reach Sesto Calende
- Follow the signposts for both Somma Lombardo and Malpensa
Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP): Virtual Google Maps